Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 24 September 2022
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 35 to 45 knots diminishing to west 25 near midnight then backing to southwest 15 to 20 near noon Sunday.
Rain this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland Strait - eastern halfIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 September 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
High water level warning ended
Northumberland StraitIssued 10:09 PM ADT 24 September 2022
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 September 2022 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight Post-tropical Storm Fiona 950 mb located
at 48.8N 59.8W.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Sunday departing Post-tropical Storm Fiona 970
mb located at 53.8N 57.2W.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:49 PM ADT 24 September 2022 Post tropical cyclone Fiona is currently over the Northeastern Gulf
of St Lawrence and will move to lie over Southern Labrador Sunday
morning. Gale to storm force westerlies continue in the wake of the
Storm warnings are in effect for Cabot Strait - northern half, Gulf -
Magdalen - eastern half. Gale warnings are in effect for gale
warnings are in effect for Fourchu, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot
Strait - southern half, Northumberland Strait, Gulf - Magdalen -
western half, Chaleur Miscou, and Anticosti.
Marine interests are also advised that higher than normal water
levels are expected for and Gulf of St. Lawrence waters until later
As of 8:00 P.M. post tropical cyclone Fiona was located near 48.8
degrees north and 59.8 degrees west or 52 nautical miles west
northwest of Stephenville. Fiona is moving northeast at 20 knots.
Maximum sustained winds are 60 knots and the central pressure is 950
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: