Issued 03:30 PM NDT 06 July 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light increasing to northeast 10 to 15 knots near midnight and to northeast 20 Thursday morning. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Thursday evening.
Rain and fog patches ending Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 6 July 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4729N 5246W to 4845N 5110W to 5300N 4830W to 5655N 5015W to 5750N
4640W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5117N 5834W to Newfoundland near 5015N 5733W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
western iceberg limit.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 6 July 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing low 1004 mb located over eastern
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today low 1004 mb located over Nova Scotia.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Thursday low 999 mb located over eastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:23 PM NDT 6 July 2022 A low pressure system over Nova Scotia will track northeastward to
lie over Eastern Newfoundland by Thursday afternoon. Strong to gale
force south to southwesterly winds will develop over southern waters
ahead of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
WeatherCAN app: set custom notifications
Learn how to set custom Air Quality Health Index notifications on the WeatherCAN app
- Date modified: