Issued 08:00 PM NST 21 November 2019
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northeast 25 knots diminishing to northeast 15 to 20 late overnight and to variable 10 to 15 Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 November 2019 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4550N 6155W to 4840N 6045W
to Quebec near 5125N 5735W. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
Open water except 2 tenths new ice along parts of the coasts.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 21 November 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Nov estimated from Newfoundland near
5130N 5530W to 5115N 5430W to 5245N 5230W to 5530N 5400W to 6100N
5900W to 6200N 5400W to 5800N 4800W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Nov estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5152N 5605W to Newfoundland near 5134N 5555W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 21 November 2019 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight low 986 mb located south of the Avalon
By 8:00 p.m. NST Friday low 983 mb located over the northeastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:52 PM NST 21 November 2019 A low pressure system south of the Avalon Peninsula will track
northeastward to lie over the Northern Grand Banks Friday afternoon.
Strong to gale force east to northeasterlies ahead of the low will
shift to strong to gale force westerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Southwest Coast, South Coast, East Coast, Northeast Coast - Cape St.
John and south, Funk Island Bank, and the Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: