Issued 08:00 PM NST 24 January 2020
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 25 knots tonight and Saturday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Temperatures near minus 6.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 January 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5225W
to 5025N 5455W to 5120N 5230W to 5505N 5215W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Open water except 7 tenths new ice including 1 tenth grey ice along
parts of the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 24 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5223N 5538W to 5330N 5245W to 5700N 5600W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northeast CoastIssued 8:00 PM NST 24 January 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 24 January 2020 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight departing trough located east of the
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight high located over the Maritimes.
By 8:00 p.m. NST Saturday high located over the South Coast of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:52 PM NST 24 January 2020 A trough of low pressure east of the marine district will continue to
depart tonight. Strong to gale force northwesterlies in the wake of
the trough will slowly subside as the trough departs.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Belle Isle Bank.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, East Coast - north of Cape St.
Francis, Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank, and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: