Chaleur - Miscou - western half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 07 July 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light this morning then increasing to southwest 10 to 15 overnight. Wind increasing to southwest 15 to 20 Friday afternoon then diminishing to light Friday evening.
Showers Friday with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 7 July 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 997 mb located over Cabot Strait.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT today departing low 998 mb located over
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located over the western Marine
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday departing ridge located over the eastern
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over the St. Lawrence River.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday trough located over the Gulf of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:32 AM ADT 7 July 2022 An area of low pressure over Cabot Strait will continue to track
eastward this morning. Strong southerly winds ahead of the low become
strong to gale force northerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait - eastern half and
Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
WeatherCAN app: set custom notifications
Learn how to set custom Air Quality Health Index notifications on the WeatherCAN app
- Date modified: