Chaleur - Miscou - western half
Issued 08:00 PM AST 26 January 2020
Tonight and Monday.
Wind easterly 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light late this evening then increasing to north 15 to 20 Monday afternoon.
Rain or freezing rain and fog patches changing to flurries Monday morning.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 26 January 2020 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4435N 6330W to 4420N 6245W
to 4555N 5930W to 4745N 6040W to 4805N 6010W to 4935N 6145W to 5000N
5755W to 4830N 5920W to 4725N 5930W to Newfoundland near 4710N
5525W. Sea ice west then north then east then north of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 3 tenths grey-white ice except 9 plus
tenths grey-white ice along the southern coast and in the extreme
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 27 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. AST today low 993 mb located over Chaleur Bay.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Tuesday low 994 mb located near
At 3:00 a.m. AST today trough located from the low to Cabot Strait
then to Laurentian Fan.
By 10:00 a.m. AST today departing trough located over eastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:55 AM AST 27 January 2020 A trough extending southeastward from a low over Chaleur Bay to
Laurentian Fan will move off to the east this afternoon. The low will
move slowly southeastward across the Gulf of St. Lawrence today and
tonight, then weaken to a trough by Tuesday evening.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of the trough will
diminish to moderate to strong westerlies in its wake.
Over northern waters, winds will increase to strong to gale force
northeasterlies to the north and west of the low today, then
gradually diminish late in the day on Tuesday as it moves off.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait, and Anticosti.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Northumberland Strait, Gulf-Magdalen - western half,
Chaleur-Miscou, and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: