Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 21 September 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind north 15 to 20 knots diminishing to north 10 to 15 this evening and to light Friday morning. Wind becoming southwest 15 Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 June 2023
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 21 September 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line east-west over
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday dissipating trough located east of the
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over southern Ontario.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday quasi-stationary ridge located over the
western Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:49 AM ADT 21 September 2023 Tropical cyclone information: at 12:00 A.M. ADT hurricane nigel was
located near 39.0 north and 50.4 west, or about 885 kilometres
south-southeast of Cape Race Newfoundland. Maximum sustained winds
are estimated at 80 knots. Minimum central pressure is 973 MB.
Nigel is moving northeast at 22 knots. Nigel will continue
accelerating northeastward over the next couple days.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: