Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 15 June 2021
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind south 15 to 20 knots increasing to south 25 this evening then diminishing to south 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind south 15 to 20 Wednesday.
Showers and fog patches this afternoon tonight and Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 June 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5408N 5721W to 5429N
5525W to 5514N 5647W to Labrador near 5508N 5858W. Sea ice within
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5814N 6235W to 5737N
6000W to 5802N 5909W then northeastward. Sea ice north of the ice
Bergy water except 3 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the extreme southwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:01 PM EDT 14 June 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 15 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4950N 5547W to 5000N 5345W to 5105N 5230W to 5540N 5200W to 5600N
5200W to 5900N 5800W to 6130N 5800W to 5730N 5100W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 15 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5810W to Newfoundland near 5034N 5721W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 15 June 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today trough located over Labrador.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Wednesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the South Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 AM NDT 15 June 2021 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have ended.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: