Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
Issued 04:00 PM NST 28 January 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwest 25 knots veering to west 20 Saturday morning then diminishing to light Saturday evening.
Risk of freezing spray late this afternoon tonight and Saturday.
Temperatures near minus 20.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 28 January 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4739N 5240W to 4840N 5224W
to 4948N 5325W to 5011N 5459W to 5150N 5237W to 5428N 5154W to 5803N
5618W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 2 tenths grey-white ice except 9 plus
tenths grey-white ice in the eastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:06 PM EST 28 January 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5239N 5551W to 5050N 4940W to 5205N 4755W to 5930N 5625W to
6035N 5210W to 5830N 4700W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 28 January 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. NST today quasi-stationary trough located north of
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight ridge located on a line east-west over
By 9:30 p.m. NST Saturday ridge located on a line east-west over
the South Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 PM NST 28 January 2022 A trough of low pressure north of the marine district will drift
slowly northward tonight and Saturday. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies will persist through Saturday over the Northwest
Labrador Sea but will start to gradually diminish elsewhere on
Saturday as a ridge of high pressure builds over southern waters.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all areas with open water.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: