Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 24 March 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots veering to northeast 10 to 15 this afternoon then becoming light late overnight. Wind light Saturday.
Temperatures minus 14 to minus 6 rising to minus 6 to minus 2 Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4647N 5257W to 4707N 5014W
to 4910N 4847W to 5021N 5342W to 5459N 5204W to 5600N 5622W to 5803N
5815W then northeastward. Sea ice north then west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
6 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 plus
tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the western
section. Strong ice pressure in the pack ice easing this evening.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 23 March 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5555W to 4530N 5510W to 4425N 4600W to 4725N 4400W to 5835N
5540W to 6005N 5015W to 5850N 4755W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5020N 6050W to Newfoundland near 4917N 5810W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Ice pressure warning in effect
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 March 2023
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 24 March 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary trough located off
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over Labrador.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: