Issued 09:30 AM NST 23 January 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots veering to northwest 15 to 20 after midnight then backing to southwest 15 to 20 Friday afternoon.
Flurries ending this afternoon.
Temperatures minus 9 rising to minus 3 this afternoon then falling to minus 20 to minus 15 Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 23 January 2020 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5225W
to 5025N 5455W to 5125N 5240W to 5505N 5245W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 23 January 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 9:30 a.m. NST today low 994 mb located over the Northwest
By 9:30 a.m. NST Friday low 976 mb located over the coast of
At 4:00 a.m. NST Friday trough located from the low to Labrador
Sea then to the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:22 AM NST 23 January 2020 A low pressure system over the Northwest Labrador Sea will move to
lie near the west coast of Greenland tonight. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies are expected ahead of the low.
A trailing trough will swing southward across the Labrador Sea behind
the low overnight. Strong to gale force northwesterlies will develop
behind the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville, North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south,
and East Labrador Sea - northwestern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northern half
- Funk Island Bank - southern half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: