Issued 09:30 AM NDT 08 June 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northeast 25 knots diminishing to northeast 15 to 20 early this evening and to northeast 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind northeast 10 to 15 Friday.
Periods of rain this morning.
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 08 June 2023
Saturday Wind northeast 10 to 15 knots.
Sunday Wind northeast 10 to 15 knots.
Monday Wind northwest 20 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 8 June 2023 Today Tonight and Friday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 8 June 2023 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4933N 5510W to 5244N 5400W
to 5510N 5440W to 5635N 5737W to 5803N 5815W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 8 June 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary high 1024 mb located over
the South Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: