Issued 04:00 PM NST 22 January 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20 near midnight. Wind southwest 15 to 20 Thursday.
Flurries Thursday morning.
Temperatures minus 15 rising to minus 10 Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 January 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5225W
to 5015N 5505W to 5125N 5240W to 5455N 5255W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 22 January 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. NST today low 992 mb located over Hudson Bay.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Thursday low 987 mb located north of Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today ridge located over the Northwest Labrador
By 9:30 p.m. NST tonight dissipating ridge located over Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:42 PM NST 22 January 2020 A low pressure system will approach from the northwest tonight and
cross the northern marine district Thursday. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies will develop ahead of the low.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea - southeastern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northern half
- Funk Island Bank - southern half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: