Issued 04:00 AM NST 26 January 2020
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind southwest 15 knots diminishing to light this morning then becoming northeast 15 near midnight. Wind northeast 15 Monday.
Snow this afternoon tonight and Monday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 10 falling to minus 15 overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 25 January 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5225W
to 5025N 5455W to 5120N 5230W to 5505N 5215W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 26 January 2020 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary trough located off
At 4:00 a.m. NST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over western Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Monday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the South Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 AM NST 26 January 2020 Strong to gale force northwesterlies will persist over much of the
Labrador Sea today and tonight between a trough of low pressure off
the coast of Greenland and an approaching ridge of high pressure over
Western Labrador. Winds will diminish somewhat on Monday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: