Issued 04:00 AM NST 22 November 2019
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light becoming northeast 15 knots Saturday afternoon.
Snow or rain Saturday. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
High today zero. Low tonight minus 2. High Saturday plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 November 2019 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5410N 5740W to Labrador
near 5420N 5740W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5455N 5805W to 5615N
6035W to 5750N 6125W to 6020N 6415W to Labrador near 6025N 6425W.
Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Open water except 5 tenths new ice including 2 tenths grey ice along
parts of the coast.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 22 November 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the South Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 a.m. NST today trough located over northern Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Saturday trough located over the North Labrador
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: