Issued 09:30 PM NST 23 February 2020
Tonight and Monday.
Wind light tonight and Monday.
Periods of snow Monday late in the day.
Temperatures minus 10 falling to minus 20 Monday morning then rising to minus 10 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 23 February 2020 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4830N 5300W to 4855N 5040W
to 5050N 4915W to 5510N 5250W to 5605N 5610W to 5800N 5840W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 23 February 2020 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight weakening low 994 mb located over the
coast of Greenland.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Monday quasi-stationary trough located over the
coast of Greenland.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight trough from low located over Belle
By 4:00 a.m. NST Monday departing trough located east of Belle
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over western Labrador.
By 9:30 p.m. NST Monday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:20 PM NST 23 February 2020 A low pressure system over the coast of Greenland will weaken to a
trough tonight. A trough extending from the low will continue
southeastwards and exit the Labrador Sea early this evening. Strong
to gale force northwesterlies will persist behind the trough until
late on Monday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: