Issued 09:30 AM NST 07 February 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20 this evening then veering to northwest 25 Wednesday evening.
Temperatures minus 32 rising to minus 15 overnight. High Wednesday minus 7.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 7 February 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4842N 5305W to 4933N 5332W
to 5015N 5520W to 5112N 5316W to 5324N 5057W to 5535N 5319W to 5618N
5621W to 5803N 5746W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 7 February 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 a.m. NST today trough located over southern Greenland.
By 4:00 p.m. NST today departing trough located east of Greenland.
At 9:30 a.m. NST today trough located over northern Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Wednesday trough located over the Northwest
At 9:30 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 AM NST 7 February 2023 Strong to gale force westerlies over the Labrador Sea between a
trough of low pressure along the Greenland coast and a ridge of high
pressure over Belle Isle Bank will diminish today as the trough
Another trough of low pressure approaching from Quebec will move to
lie over northern waters this evening. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies will develop south of this trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville, South Labrador Coast, and North Labrador
Coast - north of Saglek.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Sea, Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern
half, and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: