Issued 04:00 PM NST 24 February 2021
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light tonight and Thursday.
Temperatures near minus 13 tonight. High Thursday minus 6.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 February 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4839N 5303W to 4920N 5247W
to 4955N 5334W to 5347N 5131W to 5803N 5800W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 24 February 2021 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. NST today ridge located over Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Thursday dissipating ridge located over Labrador
At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 p.m. NST Thursday trough located off Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:33 PM NST 24 February 2021 Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Northwest Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: