Issued 04:00 AM NST 24 January 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light this afternoon. Wind light tonight and Tuesday.
High today minus 12. Temperatures falling to minus 27 Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 23 January 2022 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4739N 5240W to 4855N 5225W
to 5016N 5411W to 5218N 5259W to 5457N 5254W to 5803N 5720W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 24 January 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. NST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the North Labrador Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday departing trough located east of Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 AM NST 24 January 2022 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all areas with open water.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: