Gulf - Port au Port
Issued 08:00 PM NST 20 November 2019
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northeast 25 knots tonight and Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 November 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4550N 6155W to 4840N 6045W
to Quebec near 5125N 5735W. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
Open water except 2 tenths new ice along parts of the coasts.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 20 November 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Nov estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5155N 5600W to 5130N 5415W to 5245N 5230W to 5530N 5400W to
6100N 5900W to 6200N 5400W to 5800N 4800W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 20 November 2019 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight departing low 991 mb located east of Funk
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight low 996 mb located over Laurentian Fan.
By 3:30 p.m. NST Thursday low 990 mb located over Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:49 PM NST 20 November 2019 A low pressure system over Laurentian Fan will track northeastward to
approach the Grand Banks by Thursday evening. Strong to gale force
east to northeasterlies will develop over most of the district ahead
of this feature.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Southwest Coast, South Coast, East Coast, Funk Island Bank, Northern
Grand Banks, and Southwestern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: