Issued 08:00 PM AST 19 February 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind westerly 25 to 30 knots veering to northwest 20 to 25 near noon Thursday.
Flurries tonight and Thursday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray beginning overnight.
Temperatures plus 1 falling to minus 12 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 February 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4420N
6320W to 4530N 5940W to 4605N 5815W to 4715N 5900W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 19 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4830N 5308W to 4815N 4850W to 4900N 4810W to 5045N 4730W to 5530N
5130W to 6100N 5700W to 6300N 5400W to 5830N 5000W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5150N 5615W to Newfoundland near 5133N 5600W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
FourchuIssued 11:24 PM AST 19 February 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 19 February 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing trough located east of the
At 10:00 a.m. AST Thursday building ridge located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:42 PM AST 19 February 2020 Strong to gale force northwesterlies will persist tonight in the wake
of a departing trough of low pressure east of the district.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lurcher, Browns Bank, southwestern shore, LaHave Bank, West Scotian
Slope, Cabot Strait-northern half, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou and
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Fundy, Grand Manan,
Lurcher, southwestern shore, LaHave Bank, eastern shore, Sable,
Fourchu, Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen - northeastern half
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: