Eastern Shore - eastern half
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 24 September 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Hurricane force wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 55 to 65 knots diminishing to southwest 45 to 55 near noon and to southwest 35 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to west 25 this evening then backing to southwest 20 near noon Sunday.
Rain ending this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 23 September 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4805N 5257W to 4815N 5215W to 5100N 4815W to 5330N 4900W to 5600N
5100W to 5845N 5545W to 5945N 5255W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Sep estimated from Quebec near
5100N 5853W to 5030N 5830W to Newfoundland near 5012N 5735W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Eastern Shore - eastern halfIssued 10:00 AM ADT 24 September 2022
'Hurricane' force winds of 64 knots or above are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 24 September 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today Post-tropical Storm Fiona 938 mb located
at 47.0N 61.2W.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing Post-tropical Storm Fiona 942
mb located at 48.8N 59.8W.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:45 AM ADT 24 September 2022 Post tropical cyclone Fiona is currently located just west of Cape
Breton and will continue to track northward across the Gulf of St.
Lawrence today to lie over Southern Labrador Sunday morning.
Hurricane force winds are forecast for regions in the path of and to
the east of Fiona.
Marine interests are advised that hurricane force warnings are in
effect for eastern shore - eastern half, Sable - eastern half,
Fourchu, Banquereau - western half, Cabot Strait, Northumberland
Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, and Chaleur-Miscou - eastern half.
Storm warnings are in effect for Fundy, eastern shore - western half,
Sable - western half, East Scotian Slope - northern half, Banquereau
- eastern half, Laurentian Fan - northwestern half, and Anticosti.
Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining waters.
Marine interests are also advised that higher than normal water
levels are expected for eastern shore, Cabot Strait, and Gulf of St.
Lawrence waters this morning.
As of 9:00 A.M. post tropical storm Fiona is located near 47.0
degrees north and 61.2 degrees west or 69 nautical miles northwest of
Sydney. Fiona is moving northeast at 30 knots. Maximum sustained
winds are 70 knots and the central pressure is 938 MB.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: