East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 03:00 AM NST 28 January 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind west 20 knots diminishing to west 10 to 15 this morning except north 20 over northern sections today. Wind becoming northeast 15 near midnight then backing to north 15 to 20 Wednesday morning.
Flurries this afternoon tonight and Wednesday.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5225W
to 5025N 5455W to 5030N 5235W to 5505N 5215W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 27 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5222N 5537W to 5330N 5245W to 5500N 5306W to 5700N 5600W then
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 28 January 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. NST today trough located from the Gulf of St. Lawrence
to Funk Island Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Wednesday trough located on a line east-west over
the northern Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:41 AM NST 28 January 2020 A trough of low pressure extending from the Gulf of St. Lawrence to
Funk Island Bank will slide slowly southward today. Strong to gale
force northeasterlies can be expected to the north of this feature
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half, Gulf - Port au Port -
northwestern half, Belle Isle Bank, and Funk Island Bank.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, and Gulf - Port au
Port - northwestern half, Northeast Coast, and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: