East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 07 June 2023
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots and locally gusts to 30 along the coast early this morning. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 15 this afternoon then becoming variable 10 to 15 this evening. Wind variable 10 to 15 Thursday.
Rain changing to showers this morning and ending Thursday morning. Fog banks.
Issued 06:00 AM NDT 07 June 2023
Today Tonight and Thursday. Seas 1 to 2 metres.
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 07 June 2023
Friday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Saturday Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots.
Sunday Wind west 25 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 6 June 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday Bergy water.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 6 June 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4921N 5502W to 5303N 5349W
to 5517N 5500W to 5635N 5737W to 5803N 5815W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 6 June 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4701N 5520W to 4550N 5300W to 4700N 4800W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5725N 5245W to 5915N 4830W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except 51 to 100 north of the iceberg limit.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 7 June 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over southern Newfoundland.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Thursday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:44 AM NDT 7 June 2023 A trough of low pressure over Southern Newfoundland will track
northward to lie over Newfoundland by tonight and weaken on Thursday.
Strong to gale force easterlies to northeasterlies will persist ahead
of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northeast Gulf - northwestern half and gulf- Port au Port-
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: