Cabot Strait - southern half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 17 April 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind east 25 to 30 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 late Sunday afternoon.
Periods of snow or rain becoming periods of rain and fog patches this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 17 April 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5017N 5953W to 5052N 5816W to
Newfoundland near 5042N 5725W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 4:26 PM EDT 17 April 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4736N 5241W to 4800N 5135W to 5245N 5015W to 5500N 5100W to 6000N
5800W to 6050N 5315W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5028N 5937W to Newfoundland near 4928N 5808W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Cabot Strait - southern halfIssued 8:00 PM ADT 17 April 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 17 April 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 998 mb located near LaHave Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Sunday low 996 mb located near Cape Breton Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:58 PM ADT 17 April 2021 Outlook for the start-up of the eastern shore lobster fishery...
Monday...Winds westerly 20 knots. Sea state near 2 metres.
Tuesday...Winds westerly 15 to 20 knots. Sea state 1 to 2 metres.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: