Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 03 August 2021
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southwesterly 10 to 15 knots becoming light this evening then becoming south 10 to 15 Wednesday morning with gusts to 20 along the coast. Wind becoming light Wednesday afternoon.
High today plus 22. Low tonight plus 17. High Wednesday plus 24.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 3 August 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today departing low 1000 mb located over southern
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough from 998 mb low located over
Labrador to the St. Lawrence River.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday ridge located over southern Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday weakening ridge located over the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:31 AM ADT 3 August 2021 A low pressure system passing south of Newfoundland will give strong
westerlies south of the system. These winds are expected to reach
gale force over Banquereau from issue time into early this morning.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warnings is in effect for
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: