Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2023
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 10 December 2023 Tonight and Monday At 3:30 p.m. AST today ridge located over eastern Laurentian Fan.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Monday departing ridge located east of the Marine
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Monday trough located from Chaleur Bay to East
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:20 PM AST 10 December 2023 A ridge of high pressure over the eastern district will move eastward
tonight and away from the region. A trough of low pressure will
approach from the west tonight and will move across the marine
district beginning Monday afternoon.
On Monday, winds will increase to gale to storm force southerlies
ahead of the trough. Over western waters, with the passage of the
trough, winds will veer to strong to gale force westerlies.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Grand Manan, Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, Gulf-Magdalen and
Anticosti. Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining waters.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: