Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2019
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 26 February 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. AST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Maritimes.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Thursday departing ridge located east of
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight intensifying low 1002 mb located southeast
of the Great Lakes.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday low 986 mb located over Maine.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:13 PM AST 26 February 2020 A low pressure system will intensify southeast of the great
Lakes this evening and approach the district on Thursday to lie
Over Maine by Thursday evening. Winds will increase to gale to
Storm force easterlies across the district on Thursday ahead
Of the low then shift to gale force southwesterlies in its wake.
These very strong easterly winds will result in higher than normal
water levels in the Gulf of St Lawrence along east to northeast
facing coastlines of Eastern New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island,
And Îles-de-la-Madeleine during high tide Thursday evening and
Thursday night. Ice rafting against the coast may also occur.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Grand Manan, Lurcher, eastern shore - eastern half, Sable - eastern
half, Fourchu, Cabot Strait, and Gulf-Magdalen. Gale warnings
Are in effect for all remaining waters.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou, and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: