Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2021
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 29 January 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. AST today intensifying low 981 mb located southwest
of Georges Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 968 mb located near Browns Bank.
At 3:00 a.m. AST Sunday low 970 mb located near Southwestern Shore.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Sunday departing low 971 mb located over the
northern Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 8:00 p.m. AST Sunday approaching ridge located over Ontario.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:55 AM AST 29 January 2022 An intensifying low pressure system southwest of Georges Bank will
move to lie near Browns Bank this evening. The low will move
northeastward across Nova Scotia overnight tonight and across the
Gulf of St. Lawrence Sunday morning to lie over Southeastern Labrador
Gale to storm force northeasterlies are expected north of the low
with gale to storm force southerlies south of it.
Storm surge, rough surf, and higher than normal water levels are
expected along the Atlantic Coast of Mainland Nova Scotia and Cape
Breton Island this afternoon and again early on Sunday. A high water
level warning is in effect.
Higher than normal water levels and ice rafting are expected this
afternoon in the Southern Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
all waters except for Chaleur-Miscou - western half. A gale warning
is in effect for Chaleur-Miscou - western half. Freezing spray
warnings are in effect for Fundy, Grand Manan, Lurcher, southwestern
shore, eastern shore, Cabot Strait - northern half and all Gulf of
St. Lawrence waters.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: