Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2019
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 26 January 2020 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. AST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over eastern Newfoundland.
At 10:00 a.m. AST today trough from 1002 mb low located from New
England to Georges Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough from 995 mb low located from Maine
to East Scotian Slope.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Monday departing trough located over eastern
At 3:30 p.m. AST Monday quasi-stationary low 990 mb located over
the western Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:37 AM AST 26 January 2020 A low pressure system approaching from New England this morning will
move to lie near Maine this evening with a trough extending
southeastward to East Scotian Slope. The trough will move to lie east
of the marine district by Monday afternoon. The low will move across
New Brunswick tonight, then stall over the Western Gulf of St.
Lawrence on Monday.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of the trough over
southwestern waters will spread to most waters later today and
tonight. Winds will diminish to moderate to strong southwesterlies in
the wake of the trough.
Winds will increase to strong northeasterlies on Monday north of the
low as it moves into the Western Gulf of St. Lawrence. These winds
could reach gale force.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Grand Manan, Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, southwestern shore,
LaHave Bank, West Scotian Slope, eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian
Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: