Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 12 June 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 20 near noon then diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 this evening. Wind diminishing to light overnight then becoming northwest 15 near noon Sunday.
High today plus 18. Low tonight plus 8. High Sunday plus 17.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 03:00 AM ADT 12 June 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 12 June 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today deepening low 1006 mb located south of
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday low 990 mb located south of Laurentian Fan.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located from the Great Lakes to
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today departing high 1020 mb located south of
the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:48 AM ADT 12 June 2021 A low pressure system will deepen as it tracks south of the marine
district today and Sunday. Strong to gale force easterly winds over
southern waters will shift to northwesterly as the low passes.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: