Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2022
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 20 March 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 978 mb located north of Newfoundland.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday departing low 982 mb located northeast
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located from the East Coast of the
U.S. to West Scotian Slope.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday ridge located from the East Coast of the
U.S. to Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:45 PM ADT 20 March 2023 A low pressure system north of Newfoundland will slowly move eastward
tonight. Strong to gale force westerlies will gradually diminish from
west to east overnight tonight and Tuesday as the low moves farther
east of Newfoundland.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau, Laurentian Fan - northern half, Cabot Strait,
Gulf-Magdalen - northeastern half, and Anticosti.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Gulf-Magdalen - northeastern half and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: