West Brevoort - southern half
Issued 05:00 AM EDT 18 May 2021
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 35 knots diminishing to south 30 early this morning and to south 15 early this afternoon. Wind diminishing to light after midnight then increasing to north 25 overnight. Wind diminishing to north 15 Wednesday morning and to light near noon Wednesday.
Showers beginning early this morning changing to flurries near noon and ending this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures plus 1 falling to minus 5 overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 17 May 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from near 5801N 5948W to 5904N 5848W to 6113N
6038W to 6312N 5752W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
7 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice. Strong ice
pressure developing Tuesday morning in the pack ice and along the
Warnings (In effect)
West Brevoort - southern halfIssued 05:00 AM EDT 18 May 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
West BrevoortIssued 11:00 AM EDT 17 May 2021
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 PM EST 21 December 2020 Forecasts are unavailable until further request.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: