West Brevoort - northern half
Issued 05:00 PM EDT 22 June 2021
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 knots veering to southwest 40 early Wednesday morning then diminishing to southwest 30 Wednesday evening.
Rain ending after midnight. Fog forming early this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain and in fog.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 June 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from near 6018N 6226W to 6033N 6218W to 6139N
6319W to 6227N 6141W to 6351N 5755W then northeastward. Sea ice
northwest of the ice edge.
5 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Warnings (In effect)
West Brevoort - northern halfIssued 5:00 PM EDT 22 June 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 PM EDT 22 June 2021 Tonight and Wednesday At 0000 UTC Wednesday low 970 mb located at 61N 71W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday dissipating low 986 mb located near Clyde
At 0000 UTC Wednesday intensifying low 982 mb located 60 miles
northwest of Baker Lake.
By 0000 UTC Thursday low 980 mb located 90 miles northeast of
At 0000 UTC Thursday approaching trough located from 64N 90W to
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: