South Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 18 May 2021
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 10 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 20 this afternoon then veering to south 10 to 15 Wednesday morning. Wind diminishing to light near noon Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 17 May 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5359N 5717W to 5447N 5644W to
5518N 5732W to 5548N 5702W to 5801N 5948W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 17 May 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4924N 5400W to 5145N 5005W to 5525N 5040W to 5545N 4900W to 5900N
4555W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 May estimated from Quebec near
5108N 5844W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5723W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 18 May 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today dissipating ridge located east of the
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday trough located on a line north-south
over Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:35 AM NDT 18 May 2021 A trough of low pressure over Ungava Bay will weaken today as it
moves eastward to lie over the Labrador Sea this evening. Gale force
southeasterlies over northwestern waters will diminish today as the
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek and Northwest Labrador Sea -
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: