Issued 09:30 AM NST 17 January 2020
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind west 10 to 15 knots today tonight and Saturday.
Temperatures between minus 20 and minus 28.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 17 January 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4840N 5300W to 4920N 5240W
to 5020N 5540W to 5200N 5340W to 5440N 5340W to 5615N 5645W to 5800N
5800W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 17 January 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 a.m. NST today low 990 mb located over the East Labrador
By 4:00 a.m. NST Saturday dissipating low 996 mb located east of
the East Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NST today deepening low 970 mb located south of
By 9:30 a.m. NST Saturday low 956 mb located east of Funk Island
At 9:30 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located over western
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:29 AM NST 17 January 2020 A low pressure system over the East Labrador Sea will slowly weaken
as it tracks east and dissipates west of Greenland. Meanwhile, an
intensifying low pressure system will approach from the southwest to
lie southeast of the Labrador Sea Saturday morning. Gale to storm
force northwesterlies are forecast over most waters throughout the
forecast period due to these systems.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast, South Labrador Sea, and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining waters except Lake
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: