Issued 09:30 PM NDT 22 June 2021
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to northeast 15 to 20 Wednesday morning then diminishing to northeast 10 to 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Rain and fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 June 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5940N 6359W to 6018N 6227W
then northeastward. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 22 June 2021 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line north-south over
the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Wednesday quasi-stationary trough located on a
line north-south over the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 PM NDT 22 June 2021 A trough of low pressure over the Northwest Labrador Sea will move to
lie over the East Labrador Sea by Wednesday morning. Over northern
waters, strong to gale force southeasterly winds ahead of the trough
will shift to strong to gale force southwesterly to westerly winds in
the wake of the trough tonight before diminishing on Wednesday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: