Issued 04:00 AM NDT 12 May 2021
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind north 15 knots backing to northwest 15 to 20 this evening. Wind northwest 15 to 20 Thursday.
Showers or flurries.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 11 May 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5320N 5549W to 5336N 5519W to
5453N 5704W to 5441N 5524W to 5512N 5437W to 5801N 5954W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
2 tenths first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 12 May 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 993 mb located over northeastern Funk
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday low 994 mb located over Belle Isle Bank.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the northwestern Marine District.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located north of the Northwest
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM NDT 12 May 2021 A low pressure system northeast of Newfoundland will remain just to
the south of the marine district today, tonight, and Thursday.
Over the southern half of East Labrador Sea, strong northeasterlies
will strengthen to gale force easterlies tonight.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: