Issued 09:30 AM NST 26 January 2021
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind north 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light this afternoon. Wind light tonight and Wednesday.
Flurries ending this evening.
Temperatures minus 5 falling to minus 12 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 26 January 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4925N 5420W to 5030N 5510W
to 5130N 5430W to 5315N 5415W to 5450N 5530W to 5800N 5800W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 26 January 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 a.m. NST today departing trough located southeast of
By 4:00 a.m. NST Wednesday intensifying trough located over
At 9:30 a.m. NST today building ridge located over western Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Wednesday quasi-stationary ridge located on a
line northwest-southeast over western Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:10 AM NST 26 January 2021 A trough of low pressure will develop over the Labrador Sea overnight
and intensify on Wednesday. Strong northwesterlies will increase to
gale force over western waters Wednesday afternoon as the trough
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast and South Labrador Sea - northern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water except South Labrador Sea -
southern half and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: