East Brevoort - southern half
Issued 05:00 AM EST 22 January 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind west 25 knots diminishing to southwest 15 after midnight then backing to southeast 20 Thursday morning. Wind veering to southwest 25 Thursday afternoon.
Periods of snow ending Thursday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Severe freezing spray becoming moderate near noon and ending Thursday morning. Moderate freezing spray Thursday evening.
Temperatures minus 8 rising to minus 1 Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 22 January 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5730W to 6055N 5920W to 6200N 5735W to
6220N 5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Brevoort - southern halfIssued 05:00 AM EST 22 January 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 PM EST 21 December 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Funk Island Bank - northern half
- Funk Island Bank - southern half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: