West Brevoort - southern half
Issued 05:00 AM EDT 25 September 2020
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind north 40 knots diminishing to north 30 late this evening and to light Saturday morning.
Rain or snow changing to showers or flurries this afternoon and ending after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 September 2020 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7345N 8210W to
Devon Island near 7430N 8410W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7525N 7935W to
7705N 7455W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
West Brevoort - southern halfIssued 05:00 AM EDT 25 September 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 AM EDT 25 September 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday At 1200 UTC Friday weakening low 964 mb located at 60N 57W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday low 997 mb located at 55N 46W.
At 1200 UTC Friday ridge located from Melville Peninsula to
By 0000 UTC Sunday ridge located from Melville Peninsula to
At 0000 UTC Sunday approaching trough located on a line east-west
over southern Hudson Bay.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: