Issued 05:30 PM EDT 17 August 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 25 knots diminishing to southwest 15 after midnight. Wind southwest 15 Thursday.
Scattered showers ending Thursday afternoon. Fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 17 August 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Ontario near 5514N 8443W to 5540N
8417W to 5810N 8836W Manitoba near 5656N 8932W. Sea ice west and
then south of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nunavut near 6613N 8446W to 6518N
8341W Baffin Island near 6446N 7811W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 PM EDT 17 August 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 0000 UTC Thursday low 1008 mb located 90 miles west of Coats
By 0000 UTC Friday low 1006 mb located 60 miles west of Puvirnituq.
At 0000 UTC Thursday warm front located from the low to Hudson
Strait then to Resolution Island.
By 0000 UTC Friday warm front located from the low to Iqaluit.
At 0000 UTC Thursday cold front located from the low to Churchill.
By 0000 UTC Friday cold front located over the low extending
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson
- South-central Hudson
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: