Resolution - eastern half
Issued 05:30 AM EST 23 January 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind west 15 knots diminishing to light early this morning then increasing to northwest 15 late this afternoon. Wind backing to west 20 after midnight then to southwest 25 Monday morning.
Snow today tonight and Monday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 17 falling to minus 24 Monday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 23 January 2022 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
9 plus tenths grey-white ice including 4 tenths first-year ice
except 9 plus tenths first-year ice in the southern section. Strong
ice pressure along parts of the coasts in the northern and
southeastern sections easing this afternoon.
Warnings (In effect)
Resolution - eastern halfIssued 11:00 AM EST 23 January 2022
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 PM EST 22 December 2021 Tonight and Thursday At 0000 UTC Thursday departing low 991 mb located at 68N 81W.
By 0000 UTC Friday high 1026 mb located at 70N 74W.
At 0000 UTC Friday warm front from 969 mb low located from 55N
57W to 64N 58W.These are the last forecasts for the season.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: