Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 17 August 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to west 15 to 20 this afternoon then diminishing to light near noon Thursday.
Showers. Fog patches forming near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 16 August 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 6205N 6600W to
6206N 6332W to 6342N 6144W to 6447N 6146W to 6523N 5810W to 6549N
5741W then northward. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from 7312N 6553W to 7143N 6628W to 7200N
6956W to Baffin Island near 7140N 7233W. Sea ice south of the ice
Third ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7350N 8649W to
Devon Island near 7429N 8804W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7517N 7933W to
7614N 7429W then eastward. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:45 PM EDT 16 August 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4956N 5531W to 5125N 5145W to 5325N 4845W to 5555N 5045W to 5700N
5330W to 5850N 5550W to 5955N 5240W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Aug estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5842W to Newfoundland near 5034N 5720W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 17 August 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located south of
the Marine District.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: