Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 09 July 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 15 knots diminishing to light this evening. Wind light Friday.
Fog patches forming late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 9 July 2020 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5830W to 6145N 6050W to 6405N 5755W
then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 2 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the southwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 9 July 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 10 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5520W to 4550N 5335W to 4550N 5130W to 5130N 4900W to 5400N
4850W to 6130N 5900W to 6200N 5800W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 10 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5119N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5022N 5726W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 9 July 2020 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today departing low 996 mb located north of
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today trough located over central Labrador.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Friday dissipating trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the South Labrador Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday ridge located over the Northwest Labrador
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Friday ridge located over Labrador Sea.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: