North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Issued 04:00 PM NST 24 January 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 15 knots tonight and Tuesday.
Temperatures near minus 25.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 January 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4739N 5240W to 4855N 5225W
to 5016N 5411W to 5218N 5259W to 5500N 5251W to 5803N 5653W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 4 tenths grey-white ice except 9 tenths
grey-white ice including 2 tenths first-year ice in the eastern
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 24 January 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5239N 5551W to 5140N 5055W to 5300N 4855W to 5545N 5415W to
5920N 5655W to 6035N 5210W to 5830N 4700W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 24 January 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday departing trough located east of Labrador
At 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday trough located on a line north-south over
Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Tuesday trough located over the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 PM NST 24 January 2022 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all areas with open water.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: