Issued 05:00 PM EDT 03 October 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 late overnight and to light late Wednesday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 20 Wednesday afternoon.
Showers ending near midnight. Snow Wednesday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 3 October 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 7323N 11433W to
7405N 11303W to Victoria Island near 7321N 10802W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island island near
7350N 10038W to 7440N 10012W to Cornwallis Island near 7452N 9600W.
Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7534N 9534W to
Devon Island near 7614N 9517W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7430N 8832W to
7418N 8805W to 7412N 8004W to 7532N 7544W to 7619N 7435W then
eastwards. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 PM EDT 3 October 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 0000 UTC Wednesday dissipating low 1009 mb located over
At 0000 UTC Wednesday deepening low 1000 mb located over southern
By 0000 UTC Thursday low 987 mb located over central Hudson Bay.
At 0000 UTC Wednesday departing high 1024 mb located over northern
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: