Issued 07:00 PM MDT 20 July 2019
Tonight and Sunday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 knots except southwest 35 near the Blow River. Wind increasing to northwest 40 to 50 this evening then diminishing to northwest 35 after midnight. Wind diminishing to northwest 25 late overnight and to northwest 15 early Sunday morning. Wind diminishing to light late Sunday morning then becoming southeast 15 early Sunday afternoon.
Rain ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 July 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Warnings (In effect)
Yukon CoastIssued 7:00 PM MDT 20 July 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 20 July 2019 Tonight and Sunday At 0000 UTC Sunday low 997 mb located at 71N 144W.
By 0000 UTC Monday low 996 mb located at 75N 104W.
By 0000 UTC Monday high 1020 mb located over southern Beaufort Sea.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: