West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 02 December 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southerly 15 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 40 this evening and to southeast 40 to 50 near midnight. Wind diminishing to southwest 25 to 35 late overnight then increasing to southwest 35 to 45 near noon Sunday. Wind veering to west 25 to 35 Sunday evening.
Rain ending overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 02 December 2023
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 2 December 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 6:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located from the Alaska
panhandle to Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 PM PST 2 December 2023 A frontal system just west of the Bowie region will move eastward
tonight to lie in an arc from the Southern Alaskan Panhandle to
Northern Vancouver Island by early Sunday morning.
Gale force southeasterlies will develop ahead of the front this
evening and strengthen further to storms overnight over northern
And central waters. Gales will extend into the inner South Coast
waters overnight. Widespread gale force westerlies are expected
In the wake of the system, with an area of storm force westerlies
expected over the offshore waters on Sunday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: