West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 17 August 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots veering to south 10 to 20 late this afternoon then diminishing to light late overnight. Wind light Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 17 August 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating frontal system located on a
line north-south over Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today building ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located over the South Coast.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary trough located from the
North Coast to the South Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM PDT 17 August 2022 A trough developing along the South Coast today will remain in place
through Thursday. Strong to gale force northwest winds will develop
off the northwest coast of Vancouver Island later this evening and
continue into Thursday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: